I've been working on this idea for the cover design of Brave New World. It came from the design I did for the vinyl cut workshop, but I decided after I'd finished the first (far left) that I liked it digitally and that I might leave it as it is or screen print it. I also thought that the bottle rack pattern should represent a wine rack a little more so I added squares in the corners and the circle in the bottom right corner should tie in with the colours more so I made it "silver" (grey!)
Below are the designs including (far left) initial mock up, and developmental stages. The change between middle left and middle right happened after my tutorial, where we discussed the possibility of focussing more on the "mushroom" part of geometric mushrooms and less on the "geometric". The result is that it looks a lot more futuristic! I guess that might be partly because Aldous Huxley was around in a modernist era when geometric was the latest, whereas in our post modern age, the more impossible looking, the bettter!