I've been making a 3d tree to go with the pictures, as an interactive part of the exhibition. The tree is made from my Nanna's old extension lead wrapped in thread. Of course her extension lead is the same as anyone else's extension lead, so when I spoke to tutor Jonny about it, he wanted to know the significance and asked whether my nanna wanted to be an electrician, which she didn't. I've justified it by the fact that you can't tell it's an extension lead now it's finished. After all, no one's questioning whether the paper or paints I use for my final pictures belonged to her (which of course it didn't). I just used it because it was a good choice of medium to get the effect I wanted. In fact I've just convinced myself that it's perfectly reasonable!
Today I've been working very hard research stained glass windows as part of my final piece. The book I've been looking at is obviously copyrighted so I didn't want to include any images on here.
I've also got round to putting pictures of my collage picture I made to be part of the 2nd year illustrators Zine - pilot issue, based on our collections project. I spent a day playing and experimenting. I made them using acrylic paint, masking tape, a rubber window scraper, a potato stamp and photocopies of lots of my nana's documents, plus some ink drawings that I did of my nana. Oh, and some canvas that I painted on to print the texture onto the paper - it's not so easy to see on web quality jpegs, but it definitely adds some depth and layering to the final image.